School teams are encouraged to register to increase collaboration in learning.
Please register through the form - For CEESA Members ONLY!
**The event is limited to the first 50 participants that register.
Pre-recorded asynchronous sessions for your own time when convenient. Synchronous community building. Friday evening "Happy Interaction Hour". Saturday "Rebuilding Community " BYO brunch". Find your study buddy support system. Restore energy, passion, and vision for transforming your school with positivity and practical, collaborative application.
- November 13-14 and November 20-21,2020
- Fridays: 4:30-6:00 PM (CET)
- Saturdays: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM (CET)
- New Leaders: Free of charge!
- Not new leaders: $150 fee including book and shipping per registration
As schools grow, evolve and transform, ensuring that all school stakeholders grow as well is essential. This institute identifies the structures necessary for challenging the isolating silos that exist in schools, departments and offices as they inhibit adult growth. Strong collaboration structures and skills become the process necessary for organizations, teams and meetings to be high functioning ones.
The institute also uncovers the components of organizational complexity, and the skill set to live in ambiguity. You will identify and practice skills to understand your colleagues’ perspectives while withholding judgment, and embrace a process of group development on a continuum which constantly evolves and transforms.
The foundation of this work, our mutual respect and support is built on a foundation of conscious trust. How we build and support trust will be explored here. In addition, as colleagues explore their beliefs, diverse perspectives and cultures, skillful facilitating among adults is necessary to expand your own capacity and the capacity of those around yourself.
As a result, this institute will also be highlighting facilitative skills. Given all of the moving parts in any human system, conflict is an expected part of the process of learning and growing. Naming and practicing skills for reframing conflict into positive energy, and honoring diversity of thought and perspectives becomes an opportunity to ensure growth and collaboration in your school. Those strategies will be addressed as well.
The outcomes of this institute experience are to:
- Develop strategies to foster strong relationships, psychological safety, trust and inclusive school cultures.
- Build collaborative structures to support adult interactions and student learning.
- Reframe conflict as opportunity for cognitive debate, enhanced innovation and expanded perspectives.
- Design meetings which are worth your time
- Analyze the interrelated system of your school as you strategically expand the skills of its stakeholders.
- Expand your capacity to influence and inspire current decisions and colleagues as you build a transformative school.