Are you wondering if you are on the right track with your practice? Do you sometimes feel that you need some fresh infusion to what you do in your classroom? Don't you sometimes want to get a sneak peek into other Early Years teacher's classroom and exchange thoughts, concerns, desires? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then this event is for you!
During this JAL we aim to open space for sharing, collaboration and exploring new perspectives.
- How to meet the expectations and the standards and still put the child in the center?
- How can play exist in the classroom and be a tool for learning?
- How can the inquiry-based approach replace the worksheets?
- How can we create learning spaces that play the role of a third teacher?
- How should we construct our planning more effectively?
- What is the role of documentation?
We hope to find the answers to these questions and ask others that might evolve. The event will be progressive rather than strictly predetermined.
To help us in this journey we have invited Mr. Greg Bottrill from the UK. He is a very passionate and enthusiastic Early Years teacher, author and presenter. He travels across the globe to work with teachers to promote and protect the children's right to play and be empowered protagonists of their learning journeys!
It will be in great benefit for all the participants to read his book Can I Go and Play Now prior to the JAL.
Please fill this form in order to register and book your hotel room.
Holiday Inn Sofia
111 Alexandar Malinov Blvd,
1766 Sofia, Bulgaria
Tel: + 359 (0) 2 8070 707
Room rate for single/double room is 91 EUR.
- The rates are per room per night and inclusive of Full Breakfast.
- The rates are exclusive of 9% VAT for voucher payment, and of municipality tax at €0.67 per person per night.
- The rates are inclusive of free high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- The rates are inclusive of free usage of the Esprit Fitness & Spa facilities – 19m Pool, Indoor and Outdoor Jacuzzi, Techno-gym Fitness, Sauna, Steam Room
- The rates are discounted and applicable for the current period and room numbers stated
- Any changes in the local taxes during the above stated periods would be applied directly to the stated rates above
- If you plan to stay at the Holiday Inn Sofia Hotel, we'll book a room for you, which you'll pay upon your arrival. Transportation from hotel to school and back will be organized each morning.
- If you plan to stay elsewhere else, please let us know and note that you'll need to organize your own transportation to school and back.
Deadline for the registration and room reservation is October 15th!