2013 CEESA CONFERENCE "REINVENTING SCHOOLS"
at The Diplomat Hotel Prague
MARCH 14-16, 2013
Hosted by the International School of Prague and sponsored by CEESA's education partners.
The online registrations is OPEN!
- Conference participant's registration
- Registration form for 5 or more participants
- Exhibitor's registration
- Rates and cancellation policy
- Pre-conference information
- Post-conference information
Sponsors of Conference Presenters
- Alan November, Friday's Keynote Speaker, sponsored by International Schools Services (ISS)
- Chris Lehman, Saturday's Keynote Speaker, sponsored by Insurance Services International (ISI)
- Fran Prolman, Pre-conference and žitute presenter, sponsored by SUNY Buffalo State
- Alan November: "Who Owns The Learning?"
- Chris Lehmann: "Creating School 2.0: Building the Schools We Need"
- Dr. Arnie Bieber "The Mission Driven School: Realizing the mission, in the day to day life of your school. A handson pre-conference day at the IS of Prague"
- Dr. Fran Prolman "Teaching for Transformation: Instructional Strategies that Move Theory into Practice"
NIAAA Certification Courses
- The NIAAA Leadership Training Institutes are sponsored by CEESA. The courses are being presented by Sheri Stice and Ron Belinko on Thursday March 14 and Friday March 15. On the flyer you will find the descriptions of the courses and the cost. Deadline to register for the NIAAA Courses is February 15, 2013.
APPLE Distinguished Educators Lab
The Apple Distinguished Educators Kurt Klynen, Oscar Stringer and Petr Mára will conduct one hour long sessions during the conference. There will be a total of eight sessions on Friday and Saturday. The 'Apple Lab' will be set up with Macs and iPads.
Workshops Presented by Teachers/Administrators
We would like to invite teachers and administration staff to present a workshop at the conference.
This list of workshop descriptions is ordered by Strand – Grade Level – Title workshop!
In the upcoming days this list might be updated with additional workshop sessions. Therefore we advise you to regularly check this list!
Lowell Thomson; "Using Web-Based Simulations / Animations to Enhance Learning in Your Chemistry Classroom"
This year you do not need to sign up for the conference institutes. You can decide during the conference on-site which institutes you would like to join. However we strongly advise you to have the handouts of the chosen institute downloaded. There will be NO copies of handouts available at the desk, CEESA is trying to be as green as possible! Thank you!
Diplomat Hotel Prague
Hotel is situated in a very calm area of Prague just a few steps from the very famous Prague Castle and right next to the underground station „Dejvicka“ (A line). Also the Prague international airport is easily reachable by public transportation or by car in less than 10 minutes. For more information, go to www.diplomathotel.cz
To book your room, please find the hotel room reservation form.
Please note that the deadline of room reservations is January 31, 2013.
To promote your company during the conference can be done in two ways.
Welcome to this beautiful city. If you have never visited the city before, you are in for a treat. Set on the banks of the River Vltava, Prague has been at the centre of European history, politics and culture for over a 1000 years.
It is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe with its townscape of burger houses and palaces contained in a mosaic of towers, and stunning individual buildings. With It's rich cultural heritage is much in evidence today, you can stroll through the narrow medieval cobbled streets, relax and enjoy the Old Town Square, with its wonderful combination of ornate Baroque, Gothic and Romanesque buildings, and cross the 14th century Charles Bridge, alive both day and night with buskers, puppeteers and entertainers.
At the end of the day, you can relax in one of the famous beer cellars or dine in some outstanding restaurants.