This workshop will be held at the International School of Prague on November 15-16, 2019.
- Nov 15: 8:30 – 16:00
- Nov 16: 8:30 – 16:00
During the two-day workshop a broad framework for powerful sustained inquiry will be reviewed. The key elements of this approach include:
- The development of rich engaging challenges that inspire learning
- The use of learning launches to initiate inquiry
- Shifting learning from the pursuit of correct answers to constructing sound answers
- A focus on conceptual understanding, competence and transferable understanding
- Focused and constructive peer and teacher guidance that supports iterative inquiry through offering choice rather than directed changes
The two-day workshop will be an excellent opportunity for teachers to develop practical and powerful materials for use with students engaged in sustained critical inquiry.