NOVA International Schools from Skopje, Macedonia would like to invite all P.E. teachers and educators to join us in Skopje, Macedonia during the period of 22 to 23 March for a two day CEESA P.E. job-a-like event.
This P.E. job-a-like event is designed for all PE teachers (Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary) and is open to any interested educators. During the two days of the job-a-like event we will cover the following areas:
- Planning, instruction, assessment, reporting for P.E. in various curriculum frameworks and models (PYP / MYP, IEYC / IMYC….) - similarities and differences;
- Teaching vs coaching – challenges and opportunities;
- Strategies for promoting growth mindset through school P.E. program;
- Inclusive PE Program – what do we do to include students of varying abilities in our P.E. programs in enjoyable and meaningful ways;
- Usage of technology in P.E. - creating more dynamic classes and enhancing cross-curricular engagement;
Open call for facilitators
We expect many knowledgeable and competent teachers to attend this P.E. job-a-like event and would like to use their experience in facilitating some of the sessions.
Please indicate in the registration form if you are interested in facilitating a session. All applications will be considered and participants assigned as facilitators informed in advance.
Already confirmed facilitators
Jim Urquhart currently serves as the Director of the Anglo-American School of Sofia. Originally from Canada, he has also had the privilege of serving schools in Brazil, Russia, Venezuela, and Japan in the capacity of teacher and principal. He holds degrees in education, as well as a Bachelor’s in Physical & Health Education and a Master’s in Sports Sciences and Coaching.
Jim has the good fortune of coaching a wide variety of team and individual sports at the school, city and university levels. He is the 1978 Burlington Queen’s Division Chess Champion, 1995 Ono County, Island of Kyushu Shouting Master, and the 2011 Sao Paulo Home Run King. Jim enjoys spending time with his family, participating in sport, engaging in theatre, making music playlists, and pretending he doesn't like to eat fast food.
There is no registration fee for this event. The lunches and transportation from the hotel to the school are covered by CEESA and NOVA International School.
All interested participants are invited to REGISTER HERE.
All participants will be accommodated in Stone Bridge Hotel
- Single room – 85 Euro
- Double room – 105 Euro