8 - 10 March 2017 at NOVA International School in Skopje, Macedonia.
THE AMAZING BRAIN: A WORK IN PROGRESS (students and parents)
One presentation is designed with students in mind, and the other for parents. They are organized on separate days. The presentation provides an “operator’s manual” for what science refers to as the most complex three pounds of matter in the known universe. Topics include: the basic architecture of the brain, the importance of diet and hydration, exercise and sleep; the role of downtime and movement in augmenting learning; the worrying damage that can be caused by binge drinking and other drug abuse; good stress, bad stress, and more. Nova parents who would like to attend can follow THIS link to our registration form.
ANATOMY of POSSIBILITY•ENGAGING STRATEGIES•RISK to RESILIENCY (faculty)
Three 90-minute modules:
- The anatomy of possibility: mindful integration of brain, body, and heart intelligences for engaged, enhanced learning, creativity, and health
- Energizing strategies for engaged learning: using movement and rhythm to facilitate classroom learning
- Moving students beyond risk to resiliency: a protective-factor approach connecting student wellbeing and academic success
You can find more information about Tim and his work here: http://www.timburnseducare.com/
- 8 March (Wednesday) – 45 minute workshops for NOVA students throughout the school day
- 9 March (Thursday) – evening workshop for NOVA parents 18:00 – 20:00h
- 10 March (Friday) – three 90-minute modules for teachers
REGISTRATION FEE FOR TEACHERS: 100 Euro (includes lunch and coffee breaks during the workshop)
We recommend the following hotels:
- http://www.okhotel.mk/ (in close proximity to the school)
If you are interested in attending the teacher workshop on Friday 10 March 2017, please follow the link to fill out the registration form by 10 February 2017).