Join Fran for this practical, highly engaging institute that analyzes the complexities and challenges of change. Walk away with specific strategies to address loss, fear, resistance and anxiety. Provide a proactive scaffold to invite resourcefulness, energy, focus and confidence. In addition, expand your repertoire of skills to facilitate difficult conversations. Prepare to minimize defensiveness, maximize active listening, and stick to the data without making it personal. This institute is for school heads, elementary and secondary administrators, teacher leaders, and those aspiring to a leadership position.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OUTCOMES:
- Define the phases and stages of change that everyone goes though when true adaptation is occurring
- Analyze the research behind “The Change Cycle” and “The Implementation Dip” as it relates to your faculty
- Expand your communication and skills and structures to support your faculty as they navigate through change
- Diagnose the chessboard of your faculty as they relate to change, and differentiate your supervision accordingly
- Consider the preparation steps for having a difficult conversation with a staff member
- Analyze the power of multiple sources of data and documentation, word choice, phraseology, voice one and body language as you relay your message
- Analyze selected case studies and the conversations that need to take place in response to them
- Design an action plan for your next steps in promoting positive approaches to change and reflection based on data
The founder, president and senior consultant of The Learning Colalborative21, Fran Prolman is an internationally recognized teacher, administrator, author, consultant and keynote speaker. She is known for her depth of knowledge, dynamism, energy, practical application and proven track record of results.
Fran earned her Doctorate in Teacher Training, International Education and Organizational Development from George Washington University and a Master’s degree in Educational Administration and Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Pennsylvania. She has been a two-time Fulbright Scholar in both India and Israel, and has presented numerous papers, workshops and keynote speeches nationally and internationally.
Fran brings you 30 years of experience providing multifaceted work with organizations and school systems throughout the United States and the world. She was the first Understanding by Design cadre trainer designing curriculum training throughout the United States, a faculty member for ASCD and the senior consultant at Research for Better Teaching training trainers and educating thousands of administrators and teachers in effective learning practice. Fran focuses on building human capacity through a variety of avenues. She facilitates leadership retreats for teachers, administrators and executives; delivers organization-wide keynote speeches and workshops, coaches to build highly functional teams; assists organizations and teams in the appropriate use of data, designs professional growth and evaluation systems and brings insight to the change process.
She is a frequent presenter for the U.S. Department of State, European Council of International Schools, the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, Central and Eastern European Schools Association, Near East South Asia Association of International Schools, African Association of International Schools, the Tri-Association for the Caribbean and Central America and numerous client school systems in the United States.