The International Global Citizen's Award (IGC) provides a flexible framework for structuring a meaningful course or after-school activity based on global and local citizenship.
This workshop will present a case study of a one-quarter middle school elective course that aims to achieve the student learning goals of the IGCA, while also training students to run their own service-oriented student council.
- Cultures other than their own
- Global footprint of consumer choices they make
- Environmental responsibility
- Influence and involvement with others
- Personal community service
- Advocacy, persuasion and promotion
Students may also have the option of pursuing the Bronze IGCA award through their participation in this course.