Transforming Teacher Capacity Through Professional Growth And Evaluation Systems
Presented by Dr. Fran Prolman
This two-part workshop will highlight the leadership, supervision and appraisal skills necessary for ensuring a highly competent teacher in every classroom in your school.
Part One will focus on the key components of an effective Professional Growth and Appraisal System:
- the design standards
- ways to minimize teacher anxiety and focus on growth and support
- reflection tools for using multiple measures of student achievement
- descriptive focused feedback for growth
- Practical implementation of a teacher leader infrastructure, faculty buy-in, and how to facilitate a reflective cultural shift are also incorporated.
Part Two will focus on the practical application of the power of a Professional Growth System. Those applications include:
- alternative sources of data collection for professional growth and reflection
- skills for promoting professional coaching conversations for teacher skillfulness
- ways to correlate the appraisal system with professional development models
- Peer observation components
- expansion of your repertoire for supervising underperforming teachers.
The workshops are designed as a pair, but stand alone as well. Both workshops incorporate research-based, engaging and interactive strategies for immediate use back in your school.
Problem solving and videotape analysis will be included in both workshops.