Teachers that have international/IB programs teaching experience, enjoy sponsoring extra-curricular activities, continue to commit to their own professional growth, and demonstrate collaborative skills are likely a good fit at TIS. Our faculty includes teachers from Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, New Zealand, South Korea, Belgium, Australia, Portugal, Armenia, Ireland, Sweden, India, and Uzbekistan.
TIS has a reputation as a caring, professional and vibrant place to teach. If you are interested in joining the TIS learning community, contact us early as we make every attempt to complete our staffing early. The charms of Uzbekistan are fairly unknown outside the country but the TIS faculty family know it is a truly rich and fascinating place to live.
TIS is committed to safer recruitment practices. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Everyone who works with children at TIS has to have a police clearance check for 2 years in their current country. Employees must present evidence of a police clearance from their current country of employment for the last two years that is provided to the end of the year prior to accepting employment at TIS.
Vacancies for 2017-2018
Full-time, Confirmed Positions
- DP Physics/MYP Science Teacher (2 classes of physics and 3 classes of MYP science)
- PYP Classroom Teacher (Full-time)
Part Time or Tentative Positions
- MYP French Teacher (Part-time – 2 classes)
- Secondary Technology Integrationist (Part-time and Tentative – 3 classes load)
- MYP Design (Part-time – 1 class)
- MYP Art (Part-time – 1 class)
- PYP Counselor (Part-time and Tentative)
- IB PYP Teacher – Grade 5
- Elementary Counselor and Support Teacher – PS1 to Grade 5
- IB MYP Science Teacher - Grades 6 to 8
- Secondary Educational Technology Integrationist – Grade 6 to 12
Tashkent International School is a wonderful learning community in the heart of Central Asia (where soviet policy crossed with the ancient Silk Road!) We seek a dynamic individuals to join a warm community of educators committed to the IB. We are a highly professional community with clear expectations that all staff members commit to developing students beyond the classroom through our after-school program, and we feel like a family.
Warning: Tashkent International School does not request any money during the hiring process. Beware of fake recruiting sites.